JOB ALERT: We are looking for a POSTDOC or PhD to join us. Are you interested in how priors influence speech perception? Please, get in touch!
Research topic The research focus is on combining neuroimaging and behavioural measurements with computational models to understand how the human brain combines prior expectations and sensory information during speech perception.
Location The project will be based at the Institute of Systems Neuroscience at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf in Hamburg, Germany.
Start Starting date is flexibel, preferably in late 2021/early 2022.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to get hands-on supervision for learning various data acquisition and analysis techniques
- Dynamic, interdisciplinary, and international research environment within the Institute of Systems Neuroscience
- Research-dedicated T3 MR scanner (PRISMA), eye-tracking and EEG laboratories, excellent infrastructure for behavioural testing
- Multiple training opportunities within the institute
- Possibility to join the local graduate school, which is a member of national and international networks
Requirements for the PhD position:
- Master of Science or an equivalent degree in neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, or a related discipline
- Experience in programming (e.g. Matlab)
- Experience in analysing neuroimaging experiments is a plus
- Keen interest in experimental approaches to study speech perception
- Motivation to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Good writing skills in English
Additional requirements for the PostDoc position:
- PhD in neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, or a related discipline
- Experience in conducting, programming, and analysing neuroimaging experiments (EEG/fMRI), computational modelling
- Strong academic record, including publications
Salary depends on experience and is based on German regulations (TVöD-VKA-13 for PhD positions with the factor 65%). The appointment will be initially for 3 years with the possibility for continuation. The group is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you are interested, please send one pdf-document including 1) your CV, 2) a brief statement of research interest, 3) certificates, and 4) the contact details of two academic referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are very welcome.
@ prospective Master students and interns: Please, get in touch for discussing the possibility of conducting a Master thesis or reseach internship in our lab.
In General: If you are interested in joining us, there are a number of excellent funding opportunities that you may want to check out. These include the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for researchers at all career stages, the Humbold foundation (post-docs), the Leopoldina Foundation (post-docs) or Marie Sklodowska-Curie Stipends (post-docs)